South Shore Evangelical Free Church
_Pastor Timothy_____ is happy to participate in instituting Christian marriages for followers of Jesus Christ. This is to be understood as quite different than the civil ceremony of a wedding that is found throughout society. The purpose is of a Christian marriage is glorify God together in reflecting the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world through the marriage relationship and being an example of faithful obedience as the man and the woman seek to follow God’s will together. Therefore, some of the requirements for marriage at South Shore Evangelical Free Church will be radically different than the requirements from the civil authority and can be found below.
1. Both the man and the woman must meet the spiritual qualifications for membership in the commonwealth of Israel. That is, both must have a consistent testimony of living faith in Christ and true conversion. (Ephesians 2:12).
2. Both the man and the woman must be living out consistent Christian lives of worship, growth, giving and outreach. (e.g. 1st John 2:3-6 , 1st John 5:1-3)
References from the home church will be required.
3. The couple must remain sexually abstinent and live separately until marriage.
(e.g. 1st Thessalonians 5:22)
4. The couple must participate in approved pre-marital counseling.
5. Their union must conform to the Biblical teaching on divorce and remarriage.
(e.g. Matthew 5:31-32, Matthew 19:1-10, 1st Corinthians 7)
6. Their union must conform to the Biblical teaching on Gender specific “One man and One woman” (e.g. Matthew 19:1-10)
7. Their union must conform to theBiblical teaching on the roles of male and female (e.g. 1st Peter 31-7, Ephesians 5:22-33, 1st Corinthians 11:1-16)
- Wedding applications should be submitted at least 6months in advance to allow time for the church to prepare sufficiently for the ordination of marriage.
- Wedding applications are available upon request art bottom..
- Couples must complete an application and meet with the pastors and elders before receiving approval for a wedding.
- Approval of a wedding application may remain under consideration through the entire time of pre- marital counseling.
- Receiving pre-marital counseling does not guarantee approval for a wedding.
- Weddings will be “penciled in” on the church schedule until approved.
- Wedding invitations should not be ordered until approval is received.
-________ will not host nor officiate weddings in violation of the Scriptural guidelines for marriage. This includes but is not limited to the marriage of a homosexual couple, the marriage of a practicing Christian with a non-Christian or any professing Christian in violation of Divorce/re-marriage.
- Outside ministers may participate in wedding ceremonies upon church approval.
- A couple from another church wishing to use our facility must accompany their application with an official letter from their church leadership explaining the church’s need to use our facility.
- The couple will need to meet all the above requirements and will also pay an representative to be present and coordinate logistics for the rehearsal and wedding.
- Any wedding performed by outside churches or ministers of the state will need to comply with the policy above concerning the teachings about Marriage found in the Bible.
Non-regular attenders of South Shore Evangelical Free Church who wed at 402 E 9th St. Fond du Lac, Wi will pay a fee for building use in addition to gratuities.
Exceptions to this policy may be considered by the Elders at their regular meeting.
If you still wish to proceed will the Marriage Process with South Shore Church please fill out form below.